Re: (ET) front axle

There is a grove cut into the center of that pin. You just need to wiggle it around so that it doesn't get hung up on the shoulder of that grove as you (gently) continue to tap it out.

It will make much more sense when you have it out and can see it :-)

frank murphy wrote:
I just got my first et, an e12s. I stripped everything off the frame for sanding and painting. When I got to the cast I beam front axle I drove the center pin holding it to the frame. It went half way ok then came to solid stop. The sound of the hammering changed so that it sounds like it is hitting the frame cross piece. Should I stop and just paint around the axle assembly? Thanks

Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*
http://www.ElectricTractorStore.com

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/