Re: (ET) Black & Decker 36V string trimmer

Having it plug in to the ET to charge sounds nice. That way you  keep the cordless aspect. One way would be to find a 36DC to 110VAC inverter of the proper wattage and jsut use the factory charger. No permanent changes needed. The 36 to 110 charger may be tough to find, but 12V to 110 are cheap and everywhere. You could run that off two batteries in the pack WITH the usual cautions about unbalancing the pack. With clip leads you could move around where you get the 12V from.

Depending on how accessible the battery is, another way to do it would involve acquiring a second (hopefully dead  and cheap) battery, and gutting it of everything but the contacts. Attach an ET cord to the contacts. Now when you want cordless power you use the original setup, when you need to do serious work slip in the ET converted battery shell. Of course you could gut the original battery but you lose the cordless aspect then.

- SteveS