(ET) weeping battery?

The used Trojan T105 I recently bought is doing something I've not seen before. When I got it the water was down to the top of the plates so I filled each cell to the bottom of its fill 'tube'. It's still sitting on the floor of the garage, and each morning there is a puddle or two of water on top of the battery. The cap is pushed down tight. The battery had acid/mineral/ deposits near the bottom on one side when I got it--I'd hoped it might have been leakage from a neighboring battery, but now I'm not so sure. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thon