Re: (ET) Metalize?

Interesting process.
http://www.metalizing.com/intro.html

At 04:52 PM 5/20/2010, you wrote:
I'm going to get the mower deck from my New Idea ER8-36 sandblasted so I
can
give it a nice fresh coat of 2-part poly enamel.  I took it to the shop
today for an estimate and, remembering something someone here had posted,
asked them about hot dip galvanizing.

They don't do that, but they do metalizing.  It would add a fair bit to the
cost.  I'm not familiar with the process or its advantages; about all they
told me is that it still needs to be painted.  (So what's the point?)

Can anyone give me an idea of whether metalizing is worth an extra $100 or
so on a mower deck?  Will it provide enough additional rust protection to
be
worthwhile?  Has anyone used it on an ET deck?

Thanks!

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA