Re: (ET) Prius pack

Neil Dennis wrote:
Thanks, RJ, that was interesting. Wonder how many backyard mechanics will get fried as more hybrids of straight electrics are around ?

'Course, he is a bit on the overcautious side but good info.

wombat - been "bit' a few times by the 36 volts

Hm. I still remember watching a 32 volt fuse turn into a plasma ball on my E20's expansion pack (30 BB600's in an expansion box). That was merely 36 volts.

I can overheat a wrench by shorting *two* BB600 cells in series. That's 2.4 volts.

250-300 volts? I don't even want to think about what could happen. part of the reason I never work on my Prizm batteries unless the pack switch is *open*.