Re: (ET) EGT-150 down!

Bob,
  The disconnect has a fusible link (small wire) which may have burned open.  Charger is direct from "-" to battery and "+" side goes thru disconnect with fusible link.
..Walt

From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Robert Kleinbrahm
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 2:38 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) EGT-150 down!

I was out mowing last week with my New Idea tractor when it suddenly died on me.  I lost all power to tractor and am at a loss as to the reason.  I had run over a small tree branch with the mower and stopped pto to clear it out of the deck when the power guage went to zero.  No more power registering on guage!  I pushed tractor back into garage and proceded to trouble shoot, but have not found the reason yet.  I checked the main disconnect which is making and good.  Checked breaker on firewall which is also good. I thought I found problem with an auxiliary 36 volt line that I had on tractor that was shorting out to frame, but after removing the aux line I still have no power.  Tractor reads 36 volt when I meter between front and back batteries but still no go.  I tried to plug charger in, but I get no response or hum at all.  Anyone have other ideas that I can look at?

Thanks,

Bob K.