Re: (ET) E-12 motor type]

Unless things have changed, you order the ET Alltrax directly from
Alltrax.
That's more or less the orthodox solution for an ET and probably the one
best suited to a person with minimal experience in electrical and
electronic
design.

Curtis and 4QD are more "roll your own" oriented.  If you want one of
these,
they have US dealers and distributors.  Curtis is offered through the
online
EV parts vendors and probably through golf car dealers.  4QD lists dealers
on their website.

There are other brands too, but I'd say the above are the major players.

The only real advantage to separately exciting a series motor field is for
regenerative braking.  It is a real challenge to do!  But an ET doesn't
have
a series motor, so that's a moot point.

Hope this helps.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA