Re: (ET) Final snow-blow, this time with numbers.

-- oops - lost my reply in my first try --  here it is ---

I became the neighborhood 'Mr Plow' this year as my neighbor is getting a bit old for the cold weather stuff. So I've been running his diesel tractor this past week. My ET could not have handled everything I have to plow this time, but now my clothes smell like diesel. I miss my ET.

But I wrote mostly since I had the same thoughts about the snow cab today - now I understand - it was a bit tough out there in blizzard conditions. I basically was dressed for snowboarding - down to the goggles, so I stayed reasonably warm and dry, but it wore me out being out in the wind.

Looking forward to no snow, no wind, no clouds!

-SteveS

Christopher Zach wrote:
This afternoon I did pass #2 with the E20. I can see now why they built a "snow cab"; while blowing snow a 40mph gust came over the front and everything coming out of the chute covered me.

Impressive. Made it to the top, then proceeded to take windage into account while blowing snow.

Anyway, for the numbers: The Link-20 was online and I watched the current while blowing.

Idle: 30a per pack (2 packs)
Under normal snow: 100a per pack (200a total draw)
Heavy snow uphill 150a per pack (300a total)
Plowing into the 2 foot drifts 210 amps per pack (420 amps total)

So I have seen 400+ amps while blowing snow from these batteries. After blowing for awhile the batteries were down 20ah on one string, 18ah on the other. Voltages were 32 volts at rest dropping to about 30 volts under normal snow-blowing. Bit slower, but still ok.

Parked and put the pack on charge. String 1 was pulling 15 amps, string 2 was pulling 17 amps at start of charge. Overall not too bad.

So there we have it. My driveway is clear and this latest snow should end soon. And yes, they're calling for snow on Monday....

Chris