Re: (ET) SNOW

   From: "Ferguson Apiaries" <ferga hay net>
   Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 08:51:16 -0500

   Are these snow blowers or throwers that you are talking about.

It depends on what you mean by these terms.  My understanding is that
no device that you use on your driveway works by suspending the snow
in an air stream to transport it somewhere else (although you might
find such a thing at a ski area).  So in that sense they are all
throwing, not blowing, the snow.  But sometimes people use "thrower"
to mean one-stage and "blower" to mean two-stage.  The Elec-Trak
accessories are one-stage.  I have a two-stage one on my Electric Ox.

Everyone swears by POR-15 for preventing clogs.  I haven't tried it
myself.  Also the usual advice: keep the system loaded but not
overloaded, so that snow is always moving rapidly through it.
Recharge your batteries if you aren't getting full power.

It appears that finally the people in MD and DC and all are going to
stop hogging all the snow and let us have some here in Massachusetts.

                                        Ken