Re: (ET) E20 down, only one speed forward

Mouse pee.

Damn the mouse pee!

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:53 PM, David Brandt <ev_dave13 yahoo com> wrote:
That's one reason I wired mine from scratch, starting with appropriate fuses.  The existing wiring and circuitry is at the end of it's lifespan.  If it has been kept acid free, and under relatively mild temperatures, then sure, you can get many more years out of it, but most of these tractors were stored outside in all kinds of weather, with acid accumulating over time on the components, with the accompanying problems.  It's just plain worn out.

Chris, with your skills, you could make up your own controller, or at least simplify the circuitry.  I'm not saying it's easy, (and who has the time?) but it does pay off in the end, by avoiding all this troubleshooting.  Plus when something does go wrong, you pretty much know what the problem is.

David Brandt