(ET) E12 low speed up hills and now no reverse

Just yesterday my reverse stopped working while mowing / mulching lawn
leaves. Solenoid clicks but no reverse out of the blue; I have noticed
less power / speed up hills since previous use even after full charge.
Probably not related, but thought I'd mention in case problem with motor /
field reversal solenoid?
Hope its nothing serious - I'd be grateful for any help.
Jef