Re: (ET) Dielectric grease

First let's look at what Dielectric means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dielectric

The, let's look at what dielectric grease DOES.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dielectric_grease

        Now we know what it DOES. This should influence how and where we USE it.

    Since it inhibits electron flow, having it between two points in a circuit is a BAD thing.On the outside of connections to prevent moisture incursion and corrosion is GOOD. On relay contacts is BAD.On the outside of terminals slid on the relay connections is GOOD. On the terminals before a connection is made is BAD.

And yes, I was thinking of you, Jerry. :)

[Inside joke.]

RJ

Bill Alburty wrote:
Should it be used on battery  terminals and open relay contacts of our ETs? Its an insulator meant to keep out moisture and corrosion, but how good is the electrical conduction of the contacts when it is used?  What do you guys advise?
Thanks,
Bill Alburty E-12 KS