Re: (ET) getting into high gear

 RJ,
 Vice Versa. The decal came first followed by the plastic emblem. Ditto
for the hood insignia.
 Not that it matters much :-)
 Harold Z.
        Yep. Hard to believe but true. <VBG> On earlier units it was a
raised lettered plastic plate that surrounded the shift lever hole in  the
footplate.On later units it was replaced with a more cost effective  but
less durable sticker.

It contained words to the effect.......

"To facilitate gear shifting,place the gear shift in Neutral, and turn
the traction motor On then Off.Quickly move the shift lever to the
desired position."

     Personally I prefer to just rock the tractor back and forth with my
overly upholstered body while in the seat while exerting just enough
pressure on the gear shift to feed the mating surfaces together.There  are
some situations however where this method is neither prudent or  possible.
:) Like on a steep incline.

RJ