From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of RJ Kanary
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:51 AM
To: Pestka, Dennis J
Cc: Elec-Trak Email Discussion List
Subject: Re: (ET) Motor Break in

       What does the manufacturer recommend? If it is a brush less motor, I can't envision any break in being necessary. Drive it like you stole it. <G>

RJ

Pestka, Dennis J wrote:
Now that I have my 65 Datsun truck running, I would like some
suggestions on breaking in the motor.
At present the motor probably only has ~ 2 hours on it.

Should I try to drive at a certain RPM ?
Is keeping the RPM higher better than lower ?
Any other suggestions ?

Motor - FB1-4001A Advanced 9".
(13) 156V of  Odyssey PC-1750 Batteries.

Thanks;
Dennis
Elsberry, MO
http://www.evalbum.com/1366