-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Jim Coate
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:55 AM
To: Elec-Trak
Subject: Re: (ET) Mower motors

I have many plenty of used ones, and few brand new shells (so new don't
have flanges yet). Harold, Jon K, and others also usually have used ones

from machines they strip for parts. And for a while at least Kansas Wind

and maybe Harold had complete NOS motors. So I don't think there is any
major worry of a shortage.

But if you are having many magnets break, the bigger issue might be if
something else is wrong. Are the blades balanced? Armature good? does
the shaft run true? Is the deck straight and crack-free? All fasteners
nice and tight so no rattles?

--
Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*