Re: (ET) (no subject)

On 13 May 2009 at 14:24, David Haas wrote:

> What do you guys think ...

Cute!

Didn't I seem something similar to this offered on Ebay or other website a
couple of years ago?  From what I could tell, they were a cheap Chinese
mobility scooter fitted with a mower.  We might have even discussed them
on
this list.  It's been a while, so I'm not sure.

I remember thinking that most of the no-name Chinese mob-scooters tend to
have small motors and batteries that are barely equal to the task of
hauling
people around.  I'd be concerned about whether the battery would have
enough
capacity to do real work, and whether the motor and drive system would
stand
up to a moderately hilly lawn for more than a season's worth of use (if
that).

I was also concerned about the tiny wheels. GE fitted similar wheels to
the
ER8-36, but that was a significantly larger machine than the ones I
remember
seeing in the pictures back then.

You say you "had the container filled" so presumably you were also
importing, or planning to import, your riders from China.  Also, your
mowers
look a fair bit like what I recall previously, so presumably are also
derived from mob-scooters.

So now I can ask you - what are (or were) you doing about the above
issues?
How sturdy are the motor and drive system, and how much battery capacity
is
on board?  How well do you think they'll handle hilly and uneven ground?

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA