Re: (ET) Bad luck? bad lot? bad owner?

Seems like a pattern failure. Are all the batteries from the same lot ? Have you contacted the vendor about this issue ? Any offer of redress ? I can't imagine an issue with the tractor causing this type of sequential failure.

But OTOH I'm used to getting at least ten good years out of a set{ Even while using the much maligned GE charger.}That last set I purchased just started their ninth year on Monday.Amortizing the $482.00 I spent over that period of time looks like a pretty good deal.

RJ

tbamc wrote:
I bought 6 new US 2200 batteries in the summer of 2004, when I got my E-12. They don't get much below 50% SOC before being recharged, I watch water levels carefully, check full pack voltage fairly frequently (during and after charging), occasionally check individual battery voltage, and don't have any accessory use that would unbalance the pack. I charge the pack before winter storage, and usually check it mid-winter to be sure it's ok.

Last year when brought out of storage I found one battery at just over 4 volts. Couldn't charge it with a 6v charger and presumed a cell was gone, so replaced it. Thought it just unlucky.

Same story this year. Found one battery at about 4v, 6-8 weeks ago. Got a replacement battery last week. After installing it, found ANOTHER battery at 4v. All others 6.1 to 6.3. I'm fairly certain I checked each battery 8 weeks ago, when I found the bad one, and the 'newer' bad one was ok, at that time. In addition, during that 8 weeks, the bad battery was removed from the E-T.

So, 3 bad batteries in a pack that's been used for only 4 summers. Is there something I'm doing, to cause this? Do I need to look for a fault in the machine?

BTW, FWIW when I bought a new US2200 recently the dealer mentioned that the more recent US Batttery (plate?) technology is now very similar to Trojan's.

Thanks.

Thon