(ET) front casting restoration pics

Hope this amuses you all.  Check this out.  Over Christmas vacation, to
avoid driving my household insane, I decided to finish up the restoration
of the front casting of my E15.

All corrosion was sanded, and remaining black paint was scuff sanded, and
the whole thing solvent cleaned.  The whole thing was then given an even
coat of self etching primer.  the bottom and back then got a coat of
rubberized truck bedliner paint (the black).

http://www.davesevs.com/misc%20pics/IMG_0911.JPG

The front then got two colors.  The channels appear grey in the photo but
are actually chrome.  The rest is metallic burgundy.

http://www.davesevs.com/misc%20pics/IMG_0912.JPG

Turned out WAY better than I had hoped.  It was a real pain masking off
the channels, but turned out great.  The leads and holes you see are for
decorative yellow LED's I am putting in that will light up in conjunction
with the headlights.  I'm epoxying them into the holes and will wire them
up later.  The headlights will also be made from LED's.  These neat little
CL2 drivers (http://www.supertex.com/pdf/datasheets/CL2.pdf) will allow
the lights to just plug right in to the 36V pack without tapping the pack
(though given the low power consumption, I can't say it would cause a
problem if you just used 12V LED modules and tapped the pack as the basic
ET's do).  Only problem is they are so small I'll need to use a magnifying
glass to solder them.

Given that the blasting and powder coating prices in this area are about
10X what they should be based on prices elsewhere, it'll be a while before
I can show more progress.  I may set up my own mini-blasting setup.  Looks
like this is turning out to be a really long term project.  Oh, well, hope
the rest turns out as show quality as this.

David Brandt