Re: (ET) Golf Cart Conversion

      I'd be wondering about the duty cycle of the motor. After all golf course use doesn't pose much of a long term load.How far is it from tee to tee? <G>

RJ

Robert C McLane wrote:

Has anyone out there in Elec-trak land attempted or at least thought through the idea of converting an electric golf cart to an electric riding lawn mower?
At first blush it would appear (at least to the uninformed) to be as simple as adding the necessary support structure to the front end to guide/push an Elec-trak mower deck and to modify the available electronics with the necessary PTO switch/contactor, etc. wired directly to the battery pack.

I've seen some golf carts out there with all terrain tires, lift kits etc. which suggest there is sufficient power available for navigating off road terrain which shouldn't be much more demanding that the average gentrified, residential lawn.

Am I missing some electrical/mechanical obstacle or incompatibility here in thinking this may be a practical thing (in the face of an aging but still plugging along 1973 E-15)?

Bob McLane
Colchester, VT