Re: (ET) Nothing works!

page 4-19.

From: RJ Kanary <rjkanary nauticom net>
Which speed control do you have ? The one illustrated on Page 4-19, or the one on Page 4-20 ?

RJ

paul mitchell2007 comcast net wrote:
So I'm really close to getting everything working, but I'm stumped on one problem.  I've narrowed it down to contactor 2RTN.  When I sit on the seat and turn the key, both 1RTN and 2RTN click (open?).  However, as soon as I move the throttle forward to the 1st position, 2RTN clicks back as if the key was shut off, and the motor doesn't run.  If I push 2RTN open, all 3 throttle positions forward and positions 2 and 3 in reverse work. It seems there's a short somewhere, but I don't see one.

I've checked the wiring and I'm not convinced that what I have matches the manual.  Wires 15-01 (pin #7) and 15-00 (pin #8) in J2 join with 15-00 (pin #7) and 15-00 (pin #8) in P2.  In other words, a single wire goes from pin 7 to pin 8 in P2, but also, 15-00 from 2RTN goes into pin 8 in P2.  Is this the way it's supposed to be?

From: "David Roden" <etpost drmm net>