Re: (ET) Nothing works!

I'll guess from afar that the 2RTN relay isn't working right. Since it is open-frame you can take it out and make sure that when the coil is energized, the little fingers move and the middle contacts move to make contact with the lower contacts (if that makes any sense). With the key on and throttle off, the coil temporarily gets power which should then close the contacts and continue to provide power to the coil ("sealing" itself in) after the throttle is turned on.

paul mitchell2007 comcast net wrote:
So I'm really close to getting everything working, but I'm stumped on one problem. I've narrowed it down to contactor 2RTN. When I sit on the seat and turn the key, both 1RTN and 2RTN click (open?). However, as soon as I move the throttle forward to the 1st position, 2RTN clicks back as if the key was shut off, and the motor doesn't run. If I push 2RTN open, all 3 throttle positions forward and positions 2 and 3 in reverse work. It seems there's a short somewhere, but I don't see one.
--
Jim Coate, Spencertown, New York

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/

1997 Solectria Force, 1970's Elec-Traks
http://www.eeevee.com
http://www.electrictractorstore.com