Re: (ET) e-90 mower motor

Possibly. To quote #5 from "Short Circuit"........."Need INPUT ! Need MORE INPUT!" Do you smell anything hot ?

What manner of over temp / over current protection is provided? For example, the early E-8 and E-10 units had a large Klixon® circuit breaker that would remove all power on over temp / over current, plus a smaller thermal breaker positioned in the armature end bell. This little fellow was wired in series with the winding of the 'L' contactor to remove power from the traction motor if it became too hot. { These can drift from spec with age and open below their rating.} That was the only protection provided for the traction motor on the later small frame tractors. A fuse wire replaced the large Klixon® so that something really terrible would have to happen in order for it to open. :(

RJ

Neil Dennis wrote:
I've got a mower motor that "cuts in and out" as I'm mowing, sometimes runs for several minutes, other times kinda cycles. Wonder if it is brushes worn out ?

thoughts, wombat