Re: (ET) battery care

No...I was away from home - on the road without many options.

On Aug 7, 2008, at 10:05 PM, RJ Kanary wrote:

Depends on the mineral content.Ever have that water analyzed ?

RJ

Steve Welch wrote:
Hi all,

A quick battery care question: I was camping last weekend with our trailer. It has a large 12v non-maint free house battery. I happened to check the electrolyte & discovered it was lower than I'd like. Evidently I had missed it in my routine prep checklist. Anyway, I tried a number of local stores looking for distilled water to top it up, and surprisingly, found none. I ended up using well water filtered through a Brita carafe, as I didn't feel comfortable letting it go till we got home.

I have always used distilled for batteries... Any harm in a bit of non-distilled getting mixed in??

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Alltraxed E20