Re: (ET) FW: Motor overvoltage

At 11:30 AM 8/4/2008 -0400, Tim Humphrey wrote:
Original setup was 36v 29A,  I upgraded to 48v 100A. He drove it
uphill in the mud. Smoke was coming out by the time he reached the
top.

Well at nearly 12x the power loss I suppose that really shouldn't be too shocking :)

It proved a valuable point though. The original setup couldn't
even go up the hill. This one flew up the hill. Only once though :-) I
bought a bigger motor. Haven't installed it yet though (my life
story).

Nice little experiment.

Robert

http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/

From the Divided by a Common Language File (Edited to protect the guilty)
ME - "I'd like to get Price and delivery for connector Part # XXXXX"
Dist./Rep - "$X.XX Lead time 37 days"
ME - "Anything we can do about lead time?  37 days seems a bit high."
Dist./Rep - "that is the lead time given because our stock is live.... we currently have stock."