From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu <elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy
tufts edu>
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Thu Jul 03 07:25:03 2008
Subject: (ET) Intermittent operation

I wish it would just quit working so I could fix it. I can't find a rhyme
or
reason for this problem.
   I backed out of my driveway put it in drive and drove a few feet to my
lawn, stoped, lowered  and started the deck, put it in forward and heard
the
usual clicking sounds but no motion, either forward or reverse. This has
olso happened at various other times when I stopped for any reason. It
doesn't matter weather I use the brake or not.
    If I leave it alone for a few minutes it starts working again. I hate
this problem.
   Do any of you wonderful people have any ideas about how to diagnose
this
problem? It is on an E14 that I bought two years ago. I have been getting
quite an education reading all of your post here on the mailing list.
   As far as battery chargers go I have been using a battery charger that
is
for a 36 volt boat setup. It works great. It has a float charger that
keeps
the batterys at peak perfprmance. The batteries that I have are at least 8
years old and on their last leg.
   Thanks in advance for any suggestions.