Re: (ET) Drive belt slipping?

Have you retensioned the belts since you installed them? It is normal for belts to stretch in use so that may be a cause. Slipping belts tend to squeal though. If you're not hearing squealing, then I would look to something else for the problem. If they are slipping, try to avoid using belt dressing. It's only a band-aid solution.

Nick

----- Original Message ----- From: "tbamc" <tbamc gbta net>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 4:44 AM
Subject: (ET) Drive belt slipping?

Have started mowing this year and noticed that particularly in reverse
but occasionally in higher forward gears, the mower pauses a couple of
beats before moving.  Mostly level lawn, but does seem to be worse when
trying to start on an incline.

I think I put a new drive belt on last year.  Is this likely to be the
belt slipping?

Thanks!

Thon
E12M