(ET) No E-Tractor Meet-up in June in Crysler Ontario

I learned this morning that the Crysler Damfest will not be run this year. Therefore, I don't have a venue to host an electric tractor meet-up for June this year. Sorry. I had been looking forward to this a great deal.

In other news, I have been asked to supply a tractor or two for the Echoes Magical Musical Festival at the end of June to handle logistics there. They are trying to run the event with a minimum of grid connectivity and generators. So, I'm contemplating taking a PV array to charge the tractors and playing with some other gadgetry I usually don't have time for (e.g., solar cookers, portable solar water heating).

I don't think this venue (very natural woodland campsite - minimal grid hookup) would be appropriate for an e-tractor event. I'll keep my ears open for something else for 2009. One possibility would be to hook up with the Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa's annual EV Expo in late May. This year it is being held Saturday, May 31st, but that was only finalized in the past couple of weeks.

Darryl

--
Darryl McMahon
Are high energy costs getting you down?  The hydrogen economy is not

The Emperor's New Hydrogen Economy (in trade paperback and eBook)
http://www.econogics.com/TENHE/