http://www.odref.com/peerless/2300-SERIES/index.html).  They show several different 2300 models (2300A, 2300B, 2301, 2301A, 2301B, etc).  Does anyone know which was used in the E-12?  Before I open up this transaxle, I want to be certain Peerless has the parts!

From: RJ Kanary <rjkanary nauticom net>
           What flavor of E-12 do you have? If it is an E-12 M it will be equipped with a three speed transaxle based on the Peerless® 1300 series used in the E-8 and E-10.When used in the large frame application it is supplied without any of the parts for Reverse.

           All the other large frame units are provided with the Peerless® 2300, again supplied without Reverse.Again, this is unique to the Elec-Trak application.

         Parts are still supported by Tecumseh.Hit the Yellow Pages to find the dealer near you. Most lawn and garden equipment repair facilities have access to both service information and parts & pricing lists.J ust ge t ready for some strange looks when you tell them what the parts are for. <VBG>

RJ

paul mitchell2007 comcast net wrote:
Hi,

I'm have some questions regarding the transmission for my E12:

1. My owner's manual shows 4 speeds: D2, D1, L and LL.  However, my Peerless Mechanic's Handbook for Elec-Trak Garden Tractors shows only 3- and 4-speed transaxles.  The 3-speed is desribed as having 3 forward speeds and 1 reverse.  The 4-speed is described as having 4-speeds forward and 1 reverse.  What gives?

2. I brought the transmission to a repair shop and the guy is concerned about whether I can get parts (gaskets, seals, gears, etc) before he opens it up.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Paul