Re: (ET) Bad Bearing

WHICH of the three bearings has an issue? The roller bearing deep inside the case bore, the roller bearing in the shifting shaft, or the ball bearing directly behind the seal? Sorry, I gotta ask. :)

RJ

Ralph & Elaine Vogan wrote:

my E20 started making more noise this winter.  It is coming from the input shaft of the transmission.  The bearing behind the pulley is starting to go bad.  Can the seal and this one bearing be replaced without splitting the case open?  I have a backup transmission I can use so I am in no real hurry to fix it.  This tractor has been run hard on very steep hills for about 13 years so it has had a lot of stress on that bearing.  It is full of oil (changed and cleaned about 5 years ago) and still green colored.

Ralph Vogan
ralphgv talkamerica net