(ET) Tim's used E15

To all who might be interested in Tim's tractor....

I sold this tractor to a friend whose husband really liked my E15.  It was
ugly but working when I sold it.  They didn't have the time to restore it,
so it sat under a tarp.  One visit I saw the sorry state of the tractor,
and offered to rebuild the motors if they thought it would jump start the
project.

So the motors were stripped, repainted, bearings replaced with new sealed
(not shielded) bearings, brushes replaced, reassembled and tested.  (I'm
not 100% sure if the traction motor got new brushes.)  They are nicer than
the motors on my E15.  The deck motors also had new friction washers for
where the blades attach.

If the controls are buggered it sounds like a good candidate for an
Alltrax.  But as I said, the original controls worked when I sold it, so
probably could be made to work again.

I should probably buy the motors after all the work I put into them, but I
just don't need them, or a tractor project at this time.

I hope someone on this list gets them.

Steve Naugler

Message: 1