Re: (ET) Frozen mower wheels

I think heat is the only way to break them up.  I got a set that I let soak for a month in solvent and it didn’t make a difference.

From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of paul mitchell2007 comcast net
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:29 AM
To: Elec-trak tufts
Subject: (ET) Frozen mower wheels

Hi there,

I'm renovating a mower deck, and the two front wheels are frozen.  That is, the steel rods that run through the bracket that is attached to the mower deck are supposed to spin freely, but due to rust, are frozen.  I've sprayed with WD-40 and Liquid Wrench to no avail.  Anyone have any experience with this or have any suggestions?