(ET) Tractor back on the road

So anyway, my E20 is back up and running. This morning I got the second front wheel back from the mower shop with my new tire on it. So the E20 now has two new front tires instead of the 40 year old original ones. Same tire tread, only 4 ply instead of two.

Much better steering. Much much better. Then I jacked it up again and re-greased the axles and the axle-crossbar points. Even better steering. Note that you should be using a grease gun on the front steering fittings every year or so.

Two on the wheels themselves (180 degrees from the air nipples)
Two on the axle to crossbar (these *MUST* be done or you will wreck your tractor's steering. One on the center of the crossbar (also should be done too; this is where it pivots to the frame)

This spring I'll pull the rear tires and have them put new ones on. I'm guessing that will improve my traction significantly. Right now they are as hard as iron; I'll bet they don't even need air :-)

Chris