Re: (ET) E20 motor at 48V

The curves do look a bit better for the snowblower motor. I do have one snowblower left; hmmm. The curves show a fairly flat RPM range over load., is that from the bit of shunt field, and is that a problem for what I need? Walt, what do you think?

- SteveS

Jeff Tickner wrote:

For an onroad EV I would think a snowblower motor would be a better choice then an E20 motor. Isn't it more powerful then the drive motor?

Of course you have to have an extra snowblower motor laying around.

Jeff Tickner
Senior Support Engineer
603-924-8818, Ext 536
SoftLanding Systems
a subsidiary of Unicom

*SteveS <stevesgroups verizon net>*
Sent by: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu

01/03/2008 09:41 AM

        et <Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
cc

Subject
        Re: (ET) E20 motor at 48V

No, no not at all. Well it is a lot to digest, but I want to learn it.
Foolishly, I managed to not take the motors class when I studied EE -
"heck I want to work on these new-fangled (at the time) computers, not
motors!"  Well I have incentive to learn it now.

Also I think I misspoke about the E20 motor. I was thinking of the
snowblower motor when I described it as mostly series with a bit of
shunt. Of course the E20 is a separate field - how else would you be
able to do field-weakening?

Thanks Robert and Jeff for the added info. I'm starting to get excited
about this project!

- SteveS

> Probably really confused a simple question......
>
> ...Walt

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL and/or ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT and is intended only for the individual(s) named herein. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the UNICOM Systems, Inc. Postmaster (postmaster unicomsi com) of the error immediately, do not read or use the email and any attachments in any manner, destroy all copies, and delete it from your system if the communication was sent via email. UNICOM Systems, Inc. (818) 838-0606 Fax: (818) 838-0776