Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 8:51 PM
Subject: (ET) Rear hub is loose

Rear hub (left side) on my E-15 jiggles in/out, and back & forth on axle shaft.  I loosened the allen screws a bit & took the hub off.  (1) One thing I noticed is the key looks trashed.  Is that just a regular 'D' shaped key, or is there any machining on the top of it?  (2) Should the axle shaft be smooth, round and consistent, or should there be any flat spot, shoulder or indent?  There's a (very)slighty recessed surface about 1/2"wide that goes around the circumference of the shaft.  Is this normal?

Thanks,
Pete.

Solution Products
Solving Your Material Handling Challenges
50 Winnie Av
Prairie du Sac, WI 53578
Ph: 608-235-9390
Fx: 608-643-0707