From: Nick Skinner [mailto:kc2dzb nycap rr com]
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 12:26 PM
To: Raymon R. Ellis
Subject: Re: (ET) Lithium-ion Battery

Lithium-ion and lithium polymer batteries require specialized charging and
discharging monitors.  If either process is done to quickly, then the
packs
will overheat and can potentially catch fire.  Mac, Dell, Lenovo, etc. had
recalls on laptop batteries for this reason.

They are making Li-ion battery packs for hybrid and EV's, but they are
specialty packs (read, very very expensive).

BTW, many companies are starting to offer 36V powertools.  DeWalt is one,
think Bosch and Ryboi might be also.

Nick