Re: (ET) snowblower weight

Yup that is a lot of weight up front.
Make sure your strap is doubled up, i.e. passes through the roller on the blower mount and is anchored up at the tractor bracket and you have good helper springs.

FYI, about 2 yrs ago I wired my lift motor to the entire battery pack so it operates on 36v.  I did this after seeing an older gentleman (retired power utility electrician) running a scale train using the same window drive motor setup as the lift motor.  This train can pull 6 adults and has been operating on 28v for 20+ years.  I inquired him as to why it did not burn up and he replied that the insulation in the motor is good for 64v (tested) and higher voltages at the same power consumption, load, results in lower current draw.  Since I made the switch to 36v I have never blown the fuse on the lift motor circuit even when lifting the snow blower without helper springs.  (I just had to test it)  Never had an unbalanced battery pack either.

Now for the declaimer.  I am not an electrical engineer nor do I play one on TV.  I suspect the wiring would have to be suitably routed through conduit to protect the neighbors cat...  Do not run your lift on 36v unless your used to living on the edge.