(ET) Ok now that the Dust is Cleared.

Title: Ok now that the Dust is Cleared.

Hello All
Now that the dust has cleared here is what I am going to do as a result of the discussion about back-up power I now have a plan for my new country place.

I am going to line up all my ET that have battery packs. I might as well use them if I've got them)  In my barn which will soon have a 100 Amp service (inspected and approved). I am going to keep all these Battery Packs up with Soniels

 ( Darryl stand by for a bulk order). Then find and inverter that will give me enough power to run my Gas furnace The Microwave, and the TV (need something to do if you snowed in)  not necessarily all at the same time.  (likely a UPS/ back-up system). These are cheap without batteries the kind they use on-board ships generally 24V but we have 36V here at work.

If I need emergency power I will systematically connect/ tap off The required Vs. to the inverter

I have a few calculation to do yet.
1) What is the current draw of my Gas Furnace?  And what is an average cycle time?
2) What is the total capacity of my battery packs
3) How many days should I be able to sustain the system EMO up here say 7 Days for a water supply.
4) How much money my wife will let me spend on this project (smile)

It lacks a few details, but I think it's a practical and measured solution.

This is a sort'a of a risk management exercise. But, I need to keep up the batteries anyway, I might as well get two rides for one ticket.

Addition options to this would be go partly off grid and collect power by solar and wind, Or add a generator to charge the batteries to extend the usable time. However, I think more batteries and more charger is also a valid option.

Thoughts?

Geof Thompson
A-60,
E-81X2