(ET) Broke another motor

Well, one of the motors on my deck died last week. I was doing nothing worse than simply mowing. Stopped, checked the blades and found the center motor had jammed. Didn't even have to disassemble it to diagnose broken magnets.

Sure enough, pulled the motor. Bearings were fine, one of the magnets had unglued from the wall, hit the armature, and broken into fragments.

This is the second large can motor that I have seen this happen on. Never seen it on a small can motor; those just short their armatures. So any idea why this happens, and is it possible to de-glue the magnets on a good large-frame motor and JB-Weld them back in before they incinerate themselves?

I have one large can motor left in my stash. Might be a good idea to do something with it over the winter.

Chris