(ET) Ethical Business Venture

Dear All,

I am in the very early stages of putting together a proposal to develop an environmentally friendly utility vehicle to be built and used in the developing world. The concept is to develop a modular piece of equipment that through the interchanging of motors, drive trains etc., can do everything from provide a reserve power supply for a school to working as a tractor or small truck. It is my intention that energy be stored in simple batteries and for this energy to be supplied to the batteries by the most appropriate method for the setting – e.g. wind, roundabout, grid, solar, etc. I want this thing to be simple to build and maintain and for it to be at least carbon neutral throughout its lifecycle. In addition I want it to be currency neutral – that is to not add to the debt of the developing world.

Over the coming months I will be working on this, and would welcome any and all advice and input. It is my intention not to take up too much space on this discussion list but to provide brief updates from time to time. If successfully launched the project will be not for profit with all the proceeds going back into the project. I hope that this is OK with you all.

Many thanks and best regards,

John