Re: (ET) Well, it took long enough

By the way, I bought the one before on eBay. I found it a bit small, not very good as far as the ergonomics are concerned (hands too close together so dangerous for kickbacks) and was surprised the find that the oil for the chain is taken from the gears enclosure.  What kind of oil are you going to use (chain oil or sae 80 gear oil?) I agree with you, we need a 36 Vdc chainsaw to work from an Elec-Trak. I tried before a Remington (110Vac) with a 3400 watt inverter. Not enough! For inductive loads (like an electric motor) I was told that we have to multiply by 6 the nominal wattage. As an exemple, a 12 Amp, 110 Vac chainsaw might be seen as a 1320 Watt machine (Volts x amps = watts) but this is not the case. I still would like to use a new 110Vac electric chainsaw with my E20 but I have to find a way to avoid its peek power requirement at start.
I see 3 possibilities :
1- Add condensers
2- Use a small flywheel progressivly accelereting the rotor (via a CVT?)
3- Find an electric motor having a rotor with much less inertia and add a centrifugal clutch like those on IC engine chainsaws.
Any suggestions?.

Keep us informed on how you like your Elec-Trak chainsaw.

Denis