To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) External charger question

On 10 Sep 2007 at 12:50, Klein Robert W NPRI wrote:

Any advice on which one's better and why?

Lester is sort of the standard, IMO.  They patented the dv/dt charge
algorithm (though the patent may have expired by now) and were the first to
develop a really solid, bulletproof microprocessor controlled charger.  I
don't think you can go wrong with a Lestronic series charger.

One warning - they tend to be large and heavy units. I'd estimate that the 96 volt ferroresonant transformer Lestronic II I had some years ago weighed
about 80 lb.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks
you take.

                    -- Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)