Re: (ET) mystery tractor: "Electro Pony"?

Judging from the name-plate script "Marathon", this is almost certainly a unit made by the Marathon Golf Car company of Montreal, later the Marathon Electric Car Company. The company folded in the 1980's after producing the C-300 electric car and C-360 six-wheeler electric van.

http://www.econogics.com/ev/evhistm.htm and scroll down to Marathon.

(The van chassis was also used by Briggs & Stratton for their concept hybrid station wagon in the 1980s.)

http://www.econogics.com/ev/evhistb.htm and scroll down to Briggs & Stratton.

I know Marathon built a bunch of specialty industrial EVs, like mini-jitneys and burden carriers, even the C-150 3-wheeler that fit into elevators for moving equipment around. However, this is the first I have seen of the Electro-Pony. I think there was a C-100 model on a brochure I saw in the 1970s, but a tractor doesn't stand out in my memory.

Thanks for the historical tidbit and photos.

Darryl

Jim Coate wrote:
Anyone ever seen an "Electro Pony", made in Canada?

Someone sent me some pictures as he is curious as to the history of the
machine.

I've posted them here:
  http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=15

I'd love to hear anything anyone knows!