(ET) 2008 Elec-Trak Meet - Crysler Ontario?

I won't be able to make the meet-up this year, as much as I would like to do so.

Yesterday, I attended the Damfest event at the Crysler Community Centre, near Morrisburg Ontario. I was there with my vintage electric motorcycle (a 1974 Auranthetic Charger), and officially became an "Old Bastard" - that is, a member of the Old Bastard Vintage Motorcycle Club (named after the former County of Bastard, eliminated in 1999 with provincial restructuring of municipalities).

I also had my Elec-Trak E12 there, as there was supposed to be a garden tractor show, with tractor pull. Due to some confusion on part of the tractor organizers, no other tractors showed up - so the Elec-Trak was shown with the motorcycles - including some real beauties like a mint Ducati shown by its original owner, and the oldest running BMW bike in Canada. Lovely old BSA's and Triumphs, including a (1938?) Triumph motor-bicycle. Small, one cylinder engine on rear wheel, plus original pedal drive. Much, much more unique stuff, including running steamboats offering rides and close to 100 vintage cars. The Elec-Trak generated a lot of positive attention.

Anyway, the park is a nice venue, on the river, in a nice small village. This is now an annual event, so I can get a date for next year shortly. The village is not far from the upstate New York border, so this could be a reasonable trip for those of us in southern Ontario, eastern Ontario, much of Quebec, NY state and possible other parts of New England.

I think the vintage motorcycle group would sponsor us for some space - the current group president is a former Elec-Trak owner, an another member is a former local EV club member. A third has expressed interest in buying my motorcycle.

So, would anyone else be interested in having an electric tractor meet-up in eastern Ontario in June 2008? If so, please let me know, and if there is interest, I will start getting something organized.

Darryl

--
Darryl McMahon
It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?

The Emperor's New Hydrogen Economy (now in print and eBook)
http://www.econogics.com/TENHE/