Re: (ET) Ryobi mower

If that's the Ryobi BMM 2400, you should know there is a fuse internal to
the case in the charger circuit that blows regularly.  I used to think it
blows when there's a slight surge in the line voltage, but I suppose it
could be when there's a sag and the current draw increases?  Don't quote
me,
I'm a sw eng not an ee.

I forget the details of the fuse (value, size, etc.) but I replaced mine
with a panel mount fuse holder that I mounted through the back panel next
the charger line cord input.  THen whenever it blew I could replace it
without taking the cover off the mower and the internal cover off the
charger circuit.  Whatever engineer signed off on that design/assembly
should have his credentials examined.  I'd bet that arrangement is the
reason Ryobi bailed out of the cordless mower biz., too many warranty
claims
for a blown fuse.

The 24V 18Ah batteries are hard to find ( = pricey) but easier to find are
pair of 12V 18Ah in 1/2 the form factor, so you just duct tape or tiewrap
them together under the original tiedown, or get more creative.  And of
course add a jumper from one - to the other +.  I saw them listed for
about
$35 each at gotbatteries.com yesterday...(Powersonic 12 Volt/18 Ah
PS-12180
SLA)

So maybe the battery is fine and the charger circuit has a blown fuse.
And
if that's the case, $50 is a good price for that machine.