(ET) E-14 Mower problem - Sparky

Checked all mower motors. Have continuity with both poles on all motors.  Two motors have cont. with the mower frame.  All motors have cont. with all poles of all three motors.
   The two outside motors seemed to be working.  I took off the cap on the center motor.  Looks like a stuck brush.  Loosened it up and put it back in housing.  Tried to start motors.  Center and left started fine. Then I took off the cap on the left motor.  Bunches of black carbon under the cap.  Removed the cap and everything seem to be ok.  Replaced and checked all motors.  All start up.  Have not had time to check it all out mowing. Maybe tonight.
Dan Childress