Re: (ET) matching belts

Jim
The way these matched belts are made they are sliced like bread slices
from a tube.  The tubes are not necessarily close tolerance to each
other.  When these are sliced, matched pairs are picked from ajacent
slices of the same tube, marked and packed as such.

Matching very important they share the load 50/50.  If unmatched they
don't and one will wear excessively (the one that is slipping a little).
So they get farther away from each other in size instead of closer.

I use those poly link belts you make to size, they seem to match up good
with each other. Only problem with em is if you don't get in there to
tighten em after they break in,  they will, by running loose, wear a good
deal more than regular belts.  These link belts are also the answer for
those Volvos that to change a belt you got to remove a motor mount.

Dave
Weymouth MA