-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces
cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of David Roden
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:15 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) (no subject)

On 4 Apr 2007 at 6:43, harry landis wrote:

> the silver plating protects the wire suprisingly well from corrosion.

I guess I don't understand the advantage here.  Silverware tarnishes about
as quickly and easily as copper oxidizes, doesn't it?  Also, it seems to
me
one has to use special solder for silver.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use the address shown at the bottom of this
page : http://www.evdl.org/help/ = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
     How is the world ruled, and how do wars start?  Diplomats
     tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read.

                              -- Karl Kraus