Recommendations for converting a tractor:
I did not mount the controller unit on the bottom plate, i.e, contactor
plate, of the tractor as is recommended.  I mounted it on the top plate,
i.e., relay plate of tractor.  This allows for easy access to the
controller when wiring things up. You don't have to be a contortionist
to get at things, just fold the top plate down.  I also included a
terminal strips to connect the output from the Alltrax wiring harness.
I used a standard Radio Shack 8-position dual row barrier strip
#274-670, also a second smaller strip for the wiring of the resistor.
This allowed me to mount the strip next to the controller unit and have
an easy connection point for everything.  The strip also is convenient
when you are trying to connect 2 or more wires together for the various
circuit links in the alltrax schematic.

Bottom line is that I would never go back to the old relay version on
these tractors.  I haven't had any problems since converting over to the
Alltrax, other then a mouse chewing through a wire and causing the
tractor to die in mid-mowing stage.  They are great units.

I just checked the Alltrax web page, they have redone everything, and I
do not see the DCX300-ET listed.  I do think they still offer it, as
this page looks definitely more professional then there older one.
There phone number is 541-476-3565 and contact would be Steve
Richardson.

Thanks,

Bob K

Ps I will send you some pictures of my conversion when I get a chance.