Re: (ET) E-15 one speed forward/one speed reverse

3 possibilities, in order of probability.  All bigframes I've seen have a
start relay.

1)   The start relay, an open frame behind the dash, , is not holding in.
 As this is a self sealing relay circuit , it won't seal. One pair of
"down" contacts is dirty.  Clean the relay contacts, afterwards,
visually be sure they are both making when you start her.  Reason you got
one speed is that control current flows through the 1st cam switch to
make her run, that first switch is not held down by the cam in any other
position than first as running the tractor has then become the job of
that sealing contact start relay.  One pair of contacts seals it, the
other runs it.  Incidentally, all the safeties break it so it lets go but
in this case if it was a safety you wouldn't have power in first. On the
dwg it
is called RTN.

2)    The cam center bearing has developed wobble and wobbles away from
the switches instead of pusing them down.  My solution to one was to pop
rivet a teflon strip under the cam 180 degrees away from the switches to
prevent it from wobbling away, and bush the cam bearing with a strip of
bout .003 brass shim stock.  This was done bout 6 yrs ago and no problems
since.

3)  A very common problem on these is that the microswitches on the
controller get their little buttons worn down by the cam.  Usually the
first one (the start switch) (which is worn more by the cam) and the
second one go away first)  This causes missing speeds or eratic speed
change mainly.  If your start relay mentioned above pulls in in first and
lets go in any other gear than first, this is not the problem, do
suggestion (1)

Happy etrackin

Dave
Weymouth MA