Re: (ET) YAH finally

Hi Jerry

No.  Didn't have a chance.  Likely one bad battery, not enough power to
turn the blower or move the tractor in gear and wouldn't charge up to
any.  Will find out tomorrow.   Just kept rammin that cruddy wet stuff
using the momentum - mass of the plow tractor til it got out of the way.
Push only so much before the chains started scratchin on  the driveway.
So backed up and rammed it in 3rd gear when it wouldn't push no more.

Update next day (this was still in the outbox, unsent)
A LITTLE TROUBLESHOOTING
       Rain following snow gave me a squeaky clean driveway :>)  Now for
the tractor.
     Obvious battery or post conn trouble but which?  Last nite felt the
post connectors none were warm from repeated attempts to start.  Today
put VOM on it.  All batteries were 'up'  within about .15 of each other
which is normal for this old mixed pack.  So redid it, this time, with
meter on posts of each battery in turn, read it while atempting to turn
blower on.  Relay clicked, less than normal Edrop across each batt except
for one.  That one, under load, read 24V across it with blower on (but
still not moving)  So I have one 105, over 10 yrs old that over the
winter developed a high internal resistance.  Duck soup, didn't even have
to pull out the battery hydrometer or batt load tester.

Have a nice 'Spring', guys.

Dave
Weymouth MA

Dave